Here are some nearby places around Sevagram
About 1.3 km from MGIMS
Sevagram Ashram is de-facto capital of pre-independent India. When Gandhiji started his Dandi march in 1930, he had decided not to return to Sabarmati till Independence for India was attained. Independence was not attained and Gandhiji was imprisoned for more than two years. On his release he decided to make a village in Central India his head quarters. He came to Wardha in 1934, at the invitation of Jamnalalji Bajaj and in 1936, he shifted to the village Shegaon which he renamed as Sevagram, meaning 'village of service'. Bapu Kuti was built and he stayed in his kutiya till his death. From then on, Sevagram has become an inspiring historical place. Many decisions on important national matters, including the Quit India movement 1942 were taken here.
About 6.6 km from MGIMS
Paramdham Ashram, on Nagpur Wardha road, was established by Acharya Vinoba Bhave in 1934 on bank of river Dham. He started Bhoodan Movement and Bharat Chhodo Andolan from this ashram. It hosts Brahma Vidya Mandir, Vinoba Bhave's Samadhi and many excavated sculptures and idols of Vakataka dynasty.
About 7.1 km from MGIMS
This is one of 80 piece pagodas that are present worldwide. Vishwa Shanti Stupa, is a large stupa of white color. Statues of the Buddha are mounted on stupa in four directions. It also has a small Japanese Buddhist temple with large park.
About 6.8 km from MGIMS
Gitai Mandir is a unique conceptualized structure; it does have many idols of god/goddess, nor a sanctum sanctorum or a roof. Here 18 chapters of Gitai (Marathi version of Gita by Vinoba Bhave) have been engraved on eighteen types of stone slabs brought from the four corners of India signifying national integration. The aerial view of Gitai Mandir exhibits a uniquely blended shape of charkha and a cow.
About 29.4 km from MGIMS
Bor Tiger Reserve is a wildlife sanctuary, declared as a tiger reserve in July, 2014. It is located near Hingani in Wardha District. It is a home to a variety of wild animals.
About 10.2 km from MGIMS
The university began through an Act of Parliament which received the assent of the President on 8 January 1997. The purpose of the act was to establish and incorporate a teaching university for the promotion and development of Hindi language and literature, through teaching and research, with a view to enabling Hindi to achieve greater functional efficiency and recognition as a major international language.